Add Visual Tracking™ at every customer touchpoint.
Add Route’s immersive tracking experience to your own customer touchpoints so that your customers always know exactly where their orders are.
Visual Tracking™ is a quick, effective way to reduce customer order anxiety, eliminate low-value support tickets, and bring the delivery experience to life at every customer interaction. Whether you’re looking to enhance an app experience, your website, or an email, Visual Tracking™ is for you.
Where can I add Route’s Visual Tracking™?
With a dynamic tracking link, you can add a visual tracking experience to a variety of customer touchpoints, including:
- Your emails, ex. your order Confirmation and/or Shipment Confirmation email
- Your website on the Order History or My Orders page
- Your website as a Track My Order lookup where customers can input their tracking number to view the status of an order
- Your company’s app on the Order History or My Orders page
While you can technically render the tracking experience anywhere, we recommend as a best practice that you insert the tracking experience into the touchpoints listed above.
How do I add Route’s Visual Tracking™ to my content?
To add visual tracking to your content, you’ll customize the following URL (see below). Once you’ve customized the URL, you’ll be able to launch Route’s web tracking experience for a specific customer’s shipment.
To customize the link, you’ll just need to insert:
- Your store’s domain (in this example, the store domain is goodsforyou.com)
- The specific tracking number associated with a shipment (in this example 420394799361269903505417563389).
Once those elements have been inserted, you’ll have a unique link that will launch the web version of Route’s Visual Tracking™ experience.
Does the same link work for a single order that includes multiple shipments?
No. This tracking link tracks packages by shipment, not by order. If an order is broken into multiple shipments, each will have a distinct tracking number, which means that shipments will be tracked with unique URLs.
What parts of the URL require dynamic information?
When the URL is rendered, the following information must be added dynamically to the URL:
- Store_domain - the domain specified in your Route Merchant Profile found in the Route Merchant Portal
- Tracking_number - the unique tracking number for each shipment
What’s the experience if the link is populated incorrectly or if there’s an error?
Customers will be directed to the Route website.
How can I best render the web tracking experience for different content types?
We recommend rendering the tracking experience as follows:
- Website: A call-to-action button on your Order History or My Orders page that launches a new tab with the Route tracking experience.
- App: A call-to-action button on your Order History or My Orders page that launches a web browser with the Route tracking experience
- Shipment confirmation email: A call-to-action button within an Order Confirmation and/or Shipment Confirmation email that launches a new tab / web browser with the Route tracking experience.
- Search field: a search field on your website that allows customers to do a Track My Order lookup by entering a tracking number. Once customers enter tracking information, we recommend launching the tracking experience in a new tab.
Can I use Route’s embedded tracking experience in combination with Route’s shipping updates and other tracking features?
Absolutely. Maximizing the number of customer touchpoints with shipping information reduces customer anxiety and your support costs.
Does this feature actually embed the Visual Tracking™ experience in my content?
From a technical perspective, the link does not allow you to fully embed the Route tracking experience in your content. Instead, it allows you to render the tracking experience within a given piece of content.
If I have any questions, whom should I reach out to?
Check out our help center at help.route.com, or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.