At our discretion, Route requires a valid police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered and not received.
We fully understand that our current political climate and the presence of COVID-19 can make this process stressful, so we encourage you to call your local police station in order to make the report. Police reports can be made over the phone, in-person, and, in some cases, online. Most of our customers are able to complete this report within 10-15 minutes with their local police department. Below are some simple steps to help you get started!
- Research your local police station (a quick Google search usually does the trick!)
- Call the station's main non-emergency phone number
- Let the station know you need to file a report on a stolen package for the company protecting your package
- Ask if you can do it online, over the phone, or need to go in person. Every precinct is different!
- File the report. Common details required include:
- Name of Retailer
- Date of Order
- Date of Delivery
- Name of Carrier
- Where the Package was Left
- Package Value
- Be sure to include the reference/case number in your issue when filing. If you've already been conversing with a Route specialist, you can also send them the reference/case number or a copy of the full report.