Have questions about how Route handles privacy and data on the mobile app? Read below.
Why do we need access to your email for orders protected by Route Package Protection?
We ask you to sign up for Route with your email so we can verify that you are the owner of the account before we show you your Route protected orders.
Why do we need access to your email to track your orders?
The purpose of granting us read-only access to your account is a convenience feature to save you time—if you don’t want to manually enter every order.
You can still track your packages without granting us access to your Gmail account. Orders can be manually added with a tracking number or link.
To track an order manually by adding a tracking number,
- Click “+” on your Order History screen.
- Select a Merchant
- Add your tracking number.
- Click Submit.
Do you sell my data to third parties?
No, Route never sells any user data to third parties.
How do you protect my data?
Protecting your data is our number one priority. In order to allow you to connect your email address for automatic tracking, we first underwent an extensive audit with a leading cyber privacy firm to ensure we were protecting your data.
A few ways we protect your data:
- We encrypt your data at 3 levels HTTPS, on disk, and application encryption.
- Our application encryption keys are frequently rotated.
- We do not sell any user data to third parties.
- We use multi-factor authentication to protect our internal systems.
For more details on Route's Responsible Disclosure Policy, please see our Route Package Protection Policies.